E/2 is a two-component, solventless, pure epoxy binder with excellent mechanical performances, good chemical resistance and outstanding adhesion to most known substrates in the construction industry such as concrete, metal, stone, marble and wood.
E/2 is suitable for consolidating degraded supports, where the viscosity is adjusted to suite the workability, by adding filler (coarse aggregate) and thickening agent on site, as required for the specific demands:
- mixed with thickening agents to prepare impregnating and anchoring binders for application of carbon laminates, carbon, aramidic and glass fibers (Carbonforce).
- mixed with quartz aggregates in granulometric curve to prepare general purpose epoxy mortars for:
- Patching spalls, pop-outs, floor toppings
- Fixing machine and stanchion bases, manhole frames and covers, ragbolts, pins, tie-beams, etc.
- Rebuilding degraded joints in civil construction, bridges piles, canal locks, etc.
- on its own, as primer for polymeric mortars and for embedding bolts, re-bars, dowels.
- on its own, to saturate platings when an extra stiffness is required.
E/2 based mortars, after 24 hours, meet and exceed the strength of a 28 days cured PCC.
Thanks to its unique formulation, E/2 alone can solve many problems on site.